Deadline: Rolling. Wild Rumpus is happy to consider pieces by young/emerging composers that roughly match our instrumentation (or a subset of it) for performance by the ensemble. Our instrumentation is:
- double bass
- (optional) 1-2 additional instruments not included in this list
Composers who fall under at least ONE of the following categories are eligible to apply:
(a) Composers under 40
(b) Composers of any age who are not regularly commissioned by ensembles of national or international prominence
For each piece, submit:
Recording (MP3/video link) — some exceptions possible; please see our FAQ.
A bio (suitable for printing in a concert program)
A resume or CV
There is no fee to apply. Please submit ONE piece per application. (You may submit as many applications as you want.)
- Please look over our FAQ before applying, and feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you still have questions. If you’re relatively new to applying to calls for scores, you may also find this blog post with tips for applicants helpful.
- For audio recordings, we accept MIDI realizations, but strongly prefer live performances.
- We accept videos for pieces for which no audio recording is available, or for pieces that contain theatrical, multimedia, or site-specific (etc.) elements that are best documented with video. We accept links to Youtube, Vimeo, or similar sites.
- We will select at least one winner. We reserve the right to select multiple winners, and/or additional finalists.